Friday 15 June 2012

Props!

I wanted to add some props to my scene, and I first began to look for a pool table like the one in The Party. I found one on a website called turbosquid which cost me $1. I couldn't import the textures correctly, so I ended up texturing it myself with a plain Lambert for the base, pockets and wooden panels on the top, and Blinns for the metal highlights, as they give a nice reflective, metallic sheen. I then found the lamp, which was free on a site called creative crash, and also the 'duff' beer can. I couldn't find a pool cue, so I made one myself. I created a cylinder, then scaled it into a thin, cue-like shape and duplicated it. I then scaled that down to create the handle. I deleted the faces on each end and merged the vertices together to create the complete cue. I then used a locator to attach the cue to Bill's hand and have it move with his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment