Monday 18 June 2012

Cameras

For my scene, I wanted an establishing shot with some basic cuts between the two characters, then ending back at the first shot.


I placed a camera side on to the table and zoomed in a few frames to give a nice gentle flow into the scene. I then spread the frames over a shorter distance to give a nice ease-in to the conversation. 

I had experimented with a zoom until Hrundi says 'You are, are you not' then cut to camera 3 as he says 'Wyoming-Bill Kelso', but this felt a little too rushed on the zoom to the table, as I had fewer frames to play with.

Here is the original (which I decided to use):


And the quicker zoom (which I scrapped):


I then cut between Hrundi and Bill as they spoke in turn. I created a close-up and slightly lower angle for Bill in camera 4, to emphasise his dominance in the situation and his physical strength. I hope I managed to convey this in the final animation.


No comments:

Post a Comment